According to The Boston Globe, a cleaning man was hospitalized after he was sucked into a seasoning machine at a sausage-making company in Danvers, Massachusetts. He was reportedly cleaning the vacuum-type machine on Thursday evening when it activated, sucking his head and shoulders into the machine.
A policeman told reporters that the man was freed from the machine and showed no obvious signs of trauma. He was transported to a local hospital as a precaution.
The machinery accident is being investigated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.